Ignite lets you deploy, run and manage application on your local system. Local Ignite is much faster and it’s a new way to manage your flow files. Our simple and user-friendly interface allow you to deploy ignite on your local system easily.
This guide explains how to set up your environment for Ignite Project development using the Docker & Postgres. It includes information about prerequisites, creating an initial workspace, setup and running that app locally to verify your setup.
To setup ignite in the local system, please follow the below steps-
To setup the Ignite locally, you should be familiar with the following:
Ignite requires a latest version of Docker Desktop. See more information about installing Docker-Desktop.
Signup, login and Navigate to Ignite App.
Create a new app and provide the name, such as my-app.
The Create App action, will navigate to registration page which will provide information to start & register Ignite container.
We support below start modes to setup Ignite in local-
We support below connection types to setup Ignite in local-
- Select start mode (Build mode - Recommended).
- Select connection type (Client-side - Recommended)
- Copy the IGNITE_EDITOR_API_SECRET from runtime registration page. This key will require to create Docker compose file in Docker Compose File
Do not click on button "Test Connection" now. Keep this page open.
- Open explorer, Create new workspace directory.
- Create a file docker-compose.yml inside the workspace directory, you just created above
- Add below content in the docker-compose.yml file.
version: "3.9"services: ignite_local_postgres: image: postgres restart: always environment: POSTGRES_USER: admin POSTGRES_PASSWORD: admin ignite_local_app: image: cybergroupignite/runtime:v2.0.0 ports: - "1881:1881" environment: IGNITE_EDITOR_API_SECRET: "<Your Ignite Secret key>" DATABASE_URL: "postgres://admin:admin@[ignite_local_postgres]:5432/postgres" DB_SSL_OPTION: "false" START_MODE: "PROJECT" PORT: "1881" depends_on: - ignite_local_postgres
Samplefile for application development.
Replace IGNITE_EDITOR_API_SECRET in the above file from Setup-Ignite-Secret-Key.
Open your workspace directory in the terminal and run the following command.
Above command will launch the server, watch the logs, wait for container to start.
When application is ready to accept the request, open http://localhost:1881/ and confirm that you can see the Ignite Runtime App page.
- Copy the Ignite Runtime URL http://localhost:1881/
- Go back to the Runtime Registration Page Setup-Ignite-Secret-Key.
- Paste in Ignite Runtime URL text box and hit Test Connection.
- On Successful connection browser will be redirected to editor.
So far you have successfully setup Ignite application in your local system. Now to know how to manage application locally visit here.